Monday, July 03, 2006

Shattered Dream

Being a Brazil fan, post Quarters result felt the same feeling when Indian cricket team looses meekly. Luckily Brazil didn't come across a strong team in their matches till Quarters, otherwise considering their poor show, I thought might have exited much earlier. Though Ronaldo scored 3 goals in this tourney, he is the culprit in the Quarters, moved like a snail. But at the same time France (thought will get eliminated in Rnd I) slowly built their momentum and shown what they are capable, Zidane... seems to be shaping up well to his earlier best. He almost controlled the whole game, shown his special skills in a very crucial match.

I also, amused at Italy players control over the ball and their agility. For me one of Italy or France are the favorites to win the title.

At this crucial juncture its our TV's turn to disappoint my roomies. Its remote and inbuilt buttons are not functing... :-(

No comments: